My children often ask me if I miss them being little and I honestly tell them I don’t. I lived that phase of our lives fully, so I am happy living this one now. I loved them as babies and I love them as young adults. I don’t want to miss today thinking about yesterday.
Do you ever feel pressure or maybe a little nostalgia when looking at the past? I love looking at the past to remember happy memories and even sad ones because all of them made me who I am today, but I don’t want to look at the past wishing I was the same. I am not twenty anymore, and I don’t want to be. I like me, who I have become, what I look like. I have earned my gray hairs and wrinkles. I’m grateful for my past and excited about my future, but I want to fully live my present.
We are strong and valuable women. Sometimes your day may feel like organized chaos, but you need to know that you are a builder, a solver, a mentor, an encourager, an example… You are a woman. Know your worth, know your value, know your talents, know your gifts and share them with the world. Here are some tips to get you going:
- Speak only positive words: Sometimes life is tough, that’s true, and nothing is perfect, but that doesn’t mean we should focus on the negative. Make it a habit to only speak positive words to yourself and others.
- Make time for exercise: You have a lot of good things ahead, so you need to have a strong body to achieve them. Be consistent, this is good for you.
- Eat healthy: Look carefully at what you are eating. Is it adding to your life or actually subtracting? Let your food choices show how much you love yourself.
- Get enough sleep: There’s so much going on that sometimes we sacrifice our sleep to try to get it all done. Don’t cheat yourself. Getting enough rest will actually help you be more productive the next day.
- Relax: Stress doesn’t add anything positive to your life, learn to recognize it and deal with it.
- Be quiet: Take some time every day to enjoy the silence, to think, to ponder, to take in what happened the day before. Life moves too fast and you don’t want to miss the special little things.
- Let them watch: Someone is always watching. People may not listen to your advice, but they will watch your life. You have an opportunity to impact in a positive way people’s lives.
These are things I remind myself daily. They are important and they help me live the life I want to live. What would you like to remind yourself to make today amazing? Who said that the good old days had to be the better days? You can make today your best day yet.
Follow us on Instagram: